Jake Paul not retiring, cleared to spar in 2-3 months
Jake Paul isn't retiring from boxing after receiving a positive update on his health.
The YouTube star turned prizefighter revealed in an interview earlier this week that he may never fight again due to complications stemming from the broken jaw he suffered against Anthony Joshua late last year. However, Paul said Saturday that his doctor has since cleared him to return to sparring in 2-3 months.
"Everything is healing perfectly," Paul said on the Ronda Rousey vs. Gina Carano broadcast. "... I'm back."
Paul suffered a sixth-round knockout loss to Joshua, the former two-time heavyweight champion, in a blockbuster fight last December. It was the first stoppage loss of Paul's professional boxing career, and he fractured his jaw in two places.
The 29-year-old underwent surgery the day after the bout and then again in February after plates and screws inserted during the first procedure came loose.
Paul didn't give a timeline for his return or say who he wants to fight next.
"There's a long list of opponents out there," Paul said. "Just gonna get slowly back into training and figure out when I'm gonna make that return."