LeBron 'ready to go' for season opener after back issue
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James says his back feels good and he will be active for the Cavaliers' season opener on Tuesday in Chicago.
James had been limited in practice since receiving an anti-inflammatory injection in his back on Oct. 13. He made it through a complete practice Sunday, taking contact for the first time since getting the shot. The four-time MVP said the big test would be how his body responded after the workout.
Following Monday's practice, James said he's ''ready to go.'' The 30-year-old shook his head and said, ''nope'' when asked if there was any doubt he would be available when the Cavaliers open the season.
Coach David Blatt said the Cavs will be ''cautious and careful'' with the minutes they play James, who missed a career-high 13 games last season with injuries and has played nearly 44,000 minutes as a pro.
HEADLINES
- Jeremy Lin retires from professional basketball
- Why the Hawks might be this season's most fascinating team
- EuroBasket roundup: Luka scores 39 in loss to France, Germany qualifies for knockout rounds
- Schroder targeted by racial abuse during EuroBasket game
- EuroBasket roundup: Schroder leads world champ Germany to rout of Sweden