MLB investigating baseball seams after Stroman's blister comments

When Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman left his start against the New York Yankees on July 3 due to a blister, he joined a growing group of pitchers in suggesting that changes to the baseball and its seams has contributed to an increase in blisters.
Commissioner Rob Manfred has apparently taken notice. He's requested that the balls being used are examined to determine the validity of Stroman's comments, according to Sportsnet's Shi Davidi.
"This is a relatively new thing that just emerged with the Toronto people," Manfred said. "I’ve asked my folks to take a look at the seams. Rather than shoot from the hip, I’m aware of the issue. We’re looking at the issue. I just don’t know what the answer is. It literally has come up within the last week."
With various claims about the balls surfacing this season, including allegations of juicing to explain the increase in home runs, Manfred says early examinations haven't revealed anything alarming.
"I do know with absolute certainty that the baseball falls within the tolerance of the specifications that have existed for many years," he said. "Absolutely certain about that."
HEADLINES
- Campbell excited about new coordinators: Lions aren't 'starting from scratch'
- Patriots' McDaniels: 'Blessing' to take year off football
- Reds become 1st team since 1960 to lose 3 straight 1-0 games
- Bruins winless in 10 straight games after falling to Canadiens
- Giannis records historic 35-15-20 stat line in win over 76ers