Jerry Jones not worried about Prescott's increasing price tag
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't losing sleep over a potentially massive contract extension for Dak Prescott.
When asked earlier this week about Prescott's price tag increasing amid his MVP-caliber season, Jones said he doesn't worry about it.
"That function has a lot of things to think about, but that's not one to think about," Jones said on Wednesday, according to team writer Nick Harris. "Just like I didn't spend any time thinking about what his price tag would be if he didn't play well."
Through 13 games this season, Prescott has completed 69.3% of his passes for 3,505 yards with a league-high 28 touchdowns and just six interceptions.
The Cowboys sit in first place in the NFC East and are tied for the best record in the NFL at 10-3 with four games to go.
"I just want (Prescott) to be a part of having the team to be a Super Bowl quarterback," Jones said. "The idea of him not being our quarterback hasn't crossed my mind. I'm here like everybody else wanting him to be the Most Valuable Player in the NFL. We're trying to win the Super Bowl and we have a better chance at winning it with him at quarterback playing at that level."
Prescott, 30, has one campaign remaining on the four-year, $160-million contract he signed with the Cowboys in 2021. The two sides are reportedly expected to negotiate a new deal this offseason.
HEADLINES
- Report: Browns open to giving Sanders extended look as starter
- Ragnow fails physical, won't rejoin Lions this season
- NFL Week 13 bets: Can Colts get back to winning ways vs. Texans?
- Anytime TD bets Week 13: McConkey highlights 5 value picks
- NFL Week 13 prop party: Warren ready to carve up Bills' run defense