Skip to content

Report: Multiple teams made trade inquiries for Joe Milton

Billie Weiss / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The New England Patriots have received multiple trade inquiries regarding quarterback Joe Milton, sources told MassLive.com's Mark Daniels and Karen Guregian.

Milton, 25, would prefer to be on a roster that gives him an opportunity to compete for a starting role, Daniels and Guregian reported.

It's unclear if the Patriots are open to moving the 6-foot-5, 246-pound signal-caller or prefer to keep him on the roster for another year.

Milton found himself third on the team's depth chart behind last year's first-round pick Drake Maye and veteran Jacoby Brissett. He helped lead the Patriots to a win over the Buffalo Bills in their regular-season finale by passing for 241 yards and a touchdown and rushing for a touchdown.

The Patriots selected Milton in the sixth round of the 2024 draft. The Tennessee product is likely to remain as the No. 3 passer for a consecutive year with Maye entrenched as the starter. New England signed Joshua Dobbs to a two-year, $8-million contract in March to provide a veteran presence.

Head coach Mike Vrabel praised Milton's work ethic and commended the young QB for his patience toward the end of last year.

"Yeah, I think Joe's (done) everything that they asked him to do last year. Sounds like in conversations that he worked extremely hard, and that's tough when you're a quarterback," Vrabel said Monday.

Daily Newsletter

Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox