Golden Knights, Sbisa part ways
Stephen R. Sylvanie / USA Tpday Sports
What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas.
Defenseman Luca Sbisa didn't receive a contract offer from the Vegas Golden Knights and the unrestricted free agent will hit the open market, his representative told TSN's Pierre LeBrun on Friday.
The 28-year-old former first-round pick appeared in 30 games for the Golden Knights last season, posting two goals and 14 points. He also appeared in 12 playoff games, adding four points.
Vegas GM George McPhee said last week that the team had made Sbisa an offer, according to NHL.com's Tracey Myers.
Sbisa is coming off a three-year, $10.8-million contract.
HEADLINES
- Olympic men's hockey playoff field set as U.S. routs Germany
- Canada-France takeaways: Full Stone experience, Wilson wins, decisions loom
- Tom Wilson gets into rare Olympics scrap in Canada's round-robin finale
- Canada tallies 10 goals vs. France in quest for No. 1 seed
- Fiala undergoes season-ending surgery after injuring leg at Olympics
Advertisement