EDMONTON, AB - MARCH 11: Edmonton Oilers Defenceman Caleb Jones (82) in game action in the first period during the Edmonton Oilers game versus the Winnipeg Jets on March 11, 2020 at Rogers Place in Edmonton, AB.

Oilers' Caleb Jones says he tested positive for COVID-19

6 years ago
Icon Sportswire / Getty

Edmonton Oilers defenseman Caleb Jones said Friday that he previously tested positive for COVID-19, according to Sportsnet's Mark Spector.

The 23-year-old added that he was asymptomatic and doesn't know from whom he contracted the virus, according to Spector.

Jones attended practice Friday for the first time after missing the opening four days of training camp.

The NHL recently announced it was aware of 43 players who tested positive during Phase 2 of its return-to-play plan, which started on June 8.

Jones appeared in 43 games with the Oilers this season, recording four goals and five assists.

XRedditFacebookWhatsAppEmailSMS
MORE STORIES