Falcons owner: Belichick didn't ask for roster control
Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank clarified that Bill Belichick never asked for roster control during interviews for the team's head coaching job.
"I do want to make it 1,000% clear, wanna go to 2,000% or 100,000, whatever percent you want to use. Bill Belichick never asked for, in our discussion, full control of the personnel or the building or anything of that nature," Blank said Friday, according to ESPN's Michael Rothstein.
Blank added that Belichick even sent him a text that said he would be happy to work alongside Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot.
The former New England Patriots coach interviewed twice for the vacancy but was never offered the job, according to Blank.
A six-time Super Bowl champion head coach credited with building a near two-decade-long Patriots dynasty alongside Tom Brady, Belichick and New England parted ways earlier this offseason.
The Falcons ended up hiring Raheem Morris as their next head coach.
Morris spent an 11-game stint as the Falcons' interim coach in 2020. He's since spent the last three seasons as the Los Angeles Rams' defensive coordinator.
HEADLINES
- Report: Browns open to giving Sanders extended look as starter
- Ragnow fails physical, won't rejoin Lions this season
- NFL Week 13 bets: Can Colts get back to winning ways vs. Texans?
- Anytime TD bets Week 13: McConkey highlights 5 value picks
- NFL Week 13 prop party: Warren ready to carve up Bills' run defense